First Trip

I took a little foray down to Long Beach to assess what it would be like to help Dan on the boat. Took the Amtrak down. The trip was pretty uneventful except for the guy I met on the train. He had lived in Costa Rica for a few years doing real estate, and he didn't think very highly of it. So I got some tips from him for when I'm down there on the coast.
After I arrived in Long Beach after a rather long bus ride, Dan and I headed toward the marina where our boat, the S/V Leeway (Sea Vessel), resided. As we get closer, I realize that we're going to be in the middle of Long Beach port, the largest port on the west coast. It featured sights such as industrial wasteland and gigantic boats from China.


Each one of the crates on that thing is the size of a normal semi trailer... gigantic.

But yea, after we went through the industrial wasteland, we arrived at our marina and headed down towards our ship. It was a bit bigger than I expected (guess I can't visualize 34 feet well) and way more cluttered. Dan had removed a lot of the random trash and bits that were left in the boat by the previous owner and put them topside.

We soon got to the cleaning of the Leeway, but that post is for a time in the near future. See ya for now.

Comments

Post a Comment